Volunteers are the key to KGMB success. We have a variety of volunteer opportunities to fit your needs. We look forward to having you join our team.
Already a Volunteer?
- We are asking that all volunteers – veteran and new – complete our brief online application. Click here for Volunteer Application
- Once your volunteer application is on file, you will be invited to complete volunteer interest surveys throughout the year. This will give us your most up-to-date information and volunteer preferences.
Becoming a Volunteer
Ready to get started? There are just a few easy steps to becoming a KGMB volunteer:
- Become familiar with our website
- Review the volunteer opportunities below
- Complete the online Volunteer Application
- Complete the Volunteer Training Session
- Review the Volunteer Handbook
- Attend a new Volunteer Orientation
- KGMB will match you with an opportunity
- Great American Cleanup: Work as a site coordinator or participant in cleaning up a site
- Keep It Clean: Work as a site coordinator or participant in cleaning up a site
Help sort, count and take inventory of shoes that will be recycled into new playgrounds
- Environmental Office Assistant: Assist around the
office with filing, mailing and other organizational tasks
- Volunteer Photographer: Take photos at KGMB
- Recycling Volunteer: Help promote recycling at summer
Special Event Opportunities
Project Leaders & Teachers
We are recruiting talented and motivated individuals who are interested in becoming more involved in a leadership role. Positions are open to ALL volunteers.
- Project Leaders represent KGMB at community outreach events and special events. They will be responsible for setting up, running activities and managing other volunteers at the event. MORE INFO
- Teachers will be assigned to one of KGMB education programs based on areas of interest and availability. Teachers will be trained and given the opportunity to lead or co-lead education classes. MORE INFO